Principal Software Engineer
- Uphold a high bar by participating in technical discussions, providing feedback on specs, and making recommendations
- Write high-quality code with tests
- Ship and own high-impact projects end-to-end with high-quality
- Lead and roll out technical initiatives that align the team with industry best practices for code quality, observability, and testing. You may find yourself leading a weekly meeting around how to improve the health of our services
- Take ambiguous technical problem statements and turn them into an actionable plan, then execute it with the team
- Model and execute against requirements involving complex and interdependent systems
- 12+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience building large-scale systems
- You have seen systems operating at a significant technical and organizational scale
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture
- Comfortable at developing scalable and extendable core services used in many products
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.