Senior Software Engineer - HR Products
Software Engineering, People & HR
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, November 25, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the team
Rippling is rapidly adding new lines of business to its 20+ products while also expanding globally into many new countries each year. At the forefront of this expansion is the HRIS (Human Resources Information System) group, which consists of several teams that build products, services, and frameworks that serve every single Rippling customer and serves as a platform used by every product team at Rippling.
As a member of the HRIS Product Team, you will be responsible for managing critical end-to-end products (like Hiring & Onboarding flows, Employment History) that facilitate the ingestion, management, and visualization of employee data for our diverse customer base, spanning from small businesses to large enterprises.
The Product team’s focus for the coming year is to build the next generation of Products (like Change management & Unbundled Rippling Products) and scale existing products(Hiring, Transitions & offboarding flows) to enable Rippling to explore new business opportunities and win enterprise.
What you will do
- Product Excellence: Over the next year you will work with HRIS Product and Design teams to help ship new features to our Employee flows & Profile product lines with the utmost quality and care to ensure it meets the needs of our customers both internal and external.
- Technical Excellence: As part of this role you will own (design and develop projects) around such initiatives as Unbundling, Employee History & Enterprise. Helping the team execute our vision for 2024 to win Enterprise.
- Mentoring and Talent: Working alongside some of our strongest Tech Leads and engineers, you will collaborate closely with PMs, EMs, and TLs from across the department. Learning from folks more senior and helping coordinate and mentor more junior folks on key initiatives.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: You will collaborate with other teams across Rippling to support and scale products, both within and outside of HRIS.
- Operational Excellence: Hold a very high bar for quality of deliverables; you will be responsible to build and operationalize tools, monitors & processes across the org.
What you will need
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience building customer facing products
- You have seen systems operating at significant technical and organizational scale
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture
- Comfortable at developing scalable and extendable core services used in many products