Senior Engineering Manager - Billing
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
Join us as a Senior Engineering Manager for the Billing Engineering team and take the lead in owning critical parts of the customer lifecycle. This is a rare opportunity to bring your drive, initiative, and technical acumen to a high-growth role where you’ll be working on one of the most critical platforms in the company.
The highest level decision makers at Rippling use the Business Insights owned by the Billing team to oversee their business. Our team owns the critical points of the customer lifecycle, including entry and churn.
Interesting problems you will own
- Launch Rippling in new international markets over variety of payment rails
- Own mission-critical financial pipelines that are essential for strategy and IPO readiness
- Scale the team in Bangalore and San Francisco, including hiring additional staff engineers and managers
What you will do
- Drive product delivery, enforce engineering best practices and oversee the design and implementation of complex distributed systems
- Lead a team of passionate software engineers that prides itself on ownership and impact
- Create a culture that insists on meeting expectations, and delivering value
- Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
- Define the technology roadmap for the team and liaison with the business teams and product managers to shape the business OKR planning
- Help the organization scale and grow with the business
- Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
What you will need
- 8+ years of experience in software development and delivery, with in-depth knowledge of software architectures; 3+ years of people management experience
- Solid engineering skills, a track record and passion for improving the code structure and architecture to enhance testability and maintainability
- Team development skills: ability to set a roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, offer engineering advice, deliver frequent and transparent feedback, work with team members to grow their careers, and ensure everyone delivers quality results
- Great project management skills in leading, caring about product ownership, an outstanding customer-centric mindset, and solving problems for our customers
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science, information technology, or experience in a relevant field
- [Bonus] Experience with launching or managing analytics and data products
About the team
Rippling supports 30+ first-party products and resells hundreds more via Rippling’s software app store. The billing team manages and scales the Rippling billing infrastructure to enable sales teams to seamlessly sell these products via its contract, subscriptions, and discount management platform and customer support/success teams to seamlessly manage customer payments and drive further cross-sell, upsell, and adoption.
The team manages multiple payment rails, is responsible for invoicing and collections from our clients and is also responsible for building usage-based billing and marketplace revenue infrastructure of the Rippling app store. The Billing team also ensures that company investors, boards, and CXOs get a complete picture of the company’s current and future revenue at any given time.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in lots of different ways and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.