Manager, Technical Account Management Strategic
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) partners with our largest and most strategic accounts to understand their needs, demonstrate where Rippling can solve their business needs, and ensure retention of key accounts. TAMs own the key admin relationships and are responsible for turning customers into long-term champions, developing account strategy, and providing enablement and optimization best practices, all while providing an impeccable customer experience along the way.
Leading this team will challenge your ability to context-switch from high level customer strategy to tactical account level escalations to retention opportunities on a daily basis. The ideal candidate is a customer-obsessed strategist, eager to build and mentor a team of incredible TAMs.
What you will do
- Manage a team of highly motivated, customer-focused TAMs to ensure the overall health and satisfaction of mid-market accounts in our broker partner channel
- Thought partner with TAMs and build playbooks for effective customer strategy
- Develop senior-level relationships with customers
- Serve as a point of escalation for team’s accounts
- Ensure the team is trained and confident in Rippling product capabilities
- Own ongoing TAM account assignments
- Participate in recruiting process, from sourcing to hire
- Drive customer adoption of key features and best practices
- Meet with team members weekly to stay close on updates for key accounts
- Performance manage to ensure your team’s success
- Partner cross-functionally to advocate for your team’s customer and partner needs
- Collaborate with Product to incorporate voice of the customer into Rippling’s roadmap
- Partner with other team leaders to ensure the customer is supported in times of escalation
- Partner with Support to mitigate escalations
- Collaborate with other team leaders to strategize on customer support for major lifecycle events
- Build TAM team processes and culture
- Measure team impact and prioritize CX lifecycle events
- Constantly iterate and improve TAM workflows and optimize process inefficiencies
- Collaborate with leadership team on quarterly kickoffs, offsites, team building events, and more to foster a strong team culture
What you will need
- 5+ years of SaaS experience in customer-facing role
- 2+ years of management experience; passion for supporting and guiding a team’s growth, career progress, and job performance
- Expertise in account management and customer success best practices
- Ruthless prioritization and time management
- Boundless energy to help your team and your customers...all with a “can-do” attitude!
- Strong attention to detail and ability to solve complex, interdependent problems
- Flexibility to thrive in a fast paced organization with dynamic responsibilities
- Bonus: 1+ years of experience in HR, Payroll or Insurance Brokerage
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.