Global Payroll Operations Specialist (Mexico)
About the role
We're looking for an experienced payroll specialist to join Rippling’s Global Payroll Operations team. We are rapidly expanding Rippling to serve the needs of employees and employers all over the world. Our Global Payroll Operations team plays a critical role in ensuring the success of our global payroll products, which are natively built and fully integrated with Rippling’s broader suite of products.
As Rippling expands its product offerings globally, there is a critical business need for Rippling to develop new muscles around global product operations and country-specific payroll expertise outside of the US.
This role, Global Payroll Operations Specialist, is a critical hire for the Global Payroll Operations team that will be fully dedicated to developing and executing these new capabilities. This role will own all operational aspects across select countries, relationships with our external partners, and drive our expansion into new customer segments and geographies. Additionally, this role brings critical country-specific payroll expertise to support the development of our natively built payroll software.
This is an exciting role that requires significant cross-departmental engagement with a major impact on the product and customer experience.
What you will do
Execute timely filings and payments for all customers within a country
Drive issue resolution and communication with various government agencies; you will directly interface with our customers and resolve issues on their behalf
Work closely with Global Payroll Engineering and Product teams to ensure that:
Natively built payroll software supports key payroll and tax compliance requirements
Product bugs and product issues (e.g., calculation errors, file generation errors) are quickly addressed
Internal tooling requirements are properly prioritized and implemented
What you will need
- Minimum of 3+ years in a global payroll processing role, and minimum of 2+ years in a client facing role
- Process payroll activities in accordance with company guidelines, social security, legislations and local taxes requirements.
- Experience with SUA, SIPARE, IDSE (México)
- Experience with Google Suite or Microsoft Office, especially Docs/Sheets/Excel, for data analysis and task organization; familiarity with Salesforce queues, JIRA, and Confluence a plus
- Ability to review and validate calculations for IMSS, INFONAVIT, SAT, ISN (México)
- Must have understanding of payroll concepts such as: Earning/Deduction, Termination Payouts, Social Security Law, Federal Work Law, SBC determination and revision (México)
- Ensure the compliance related to electronic stamping (CFDI’S) (México)
- Strong knowledge of payroll regulations in Mexico
- Has working experience with payroll related systems and software
- Deep understanding of the leave system in Mexico
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Strong organizational skills and able to work under strict deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish