Staff Software Engineer, Developer Productivity - Slack
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
About the Team
Quip’s Developer Productivity team is part of Slack that creates tools and manages processes that improve the lives of every developer working on our product. The work we do is to increase the safety and speed of software delivered to our customers. Our tools are critical to each developer’s workflow and provide a consistent toolset and pipeline for reliable software delivery that we seek to continuously improve. We enjoy our work and being able to see its positive impact on the organization.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing:
- Writing tools that will improve the lives of everyone on the development team by reducing overhead and increasing team speed and safety
- Designing, developing, and maintaining tools and infrastructure in support of delivering high-quality software at speed.
- Applying your experience with Bazel, Github actions, build kite, and other tools to improve processes for other developers and automated testing.
- Negotiating with stakeholders to align tools and processes across multiple teams and organizations to reach the best outcomes
- Improving the visibility, performance, and reliability of the build and test processes
What you should have:
- Extensive experience implementing continuous delivery, release automation, and properly measuring it
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud technology
- Experience designing and using databases for complex applications
- Experience with Python and Go(lang)
- Your career and skills with development and, or systems has been honed professionally for 8+ years
- Ability to write complex software tooling for test and release systems.
- Experience and ability to create and leverage APIs from various systems using a modern programming language
- Motivated by helping our engineers and organization deliver high-quality software
- Strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to program managers, customer support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- Ability to mentor and model practices for software continuous integration and continuous delivery and solid experience with build and delivery systems.
- Self-starter and problem solver encouraged by continuous improvement and learning
- Experience automating metrics and data collection for DORA metrics and providing useful dashboards related to those metrics
- Experience with containerization Kubernetes (EKS/K8s), docker, and container deployment and observability
- A bias towards automation that compliments your disdain for toil
- Extensive experience with Bazel caching and protocol buffers
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $175,600 to $254,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.