Slack, Customer Success Manager
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Senior Manager, Customer Success
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
The Senior Manager, Success Managers will be responsible for leading a team of customer success professionals to serve some of our largest, most strategic customers within Slack Japan team. You’ll develop the strategy and tactics to effectively leverage your team and shared Customer Success capabilities to deliver best in class outcomes for our customers as well as up and coming rapid growth organizations in Japan market.
As a member of our Customer Success Group in Salesforce Japan, you will advocate for your customers by driving alignment across Sales, Customer Success, Services, Renewals, Product Management, Marketing and Business Operations.
You will build and develop a world-class team that lives Slack’s values. You will sponsor customers throughout their journey, establishing long-term executive relationships that help ensure they realize the full value of Slack. You will identify and drive key initiatives, processes, tools and programs to build our high growth business.
You will ensure that your team delivers on our high growth targets and key performance metrics, including customer health, value realization, advocacy, renewal, and expansion.
What you will be doing:
- As a leader in Customer Success organization, you will build, lead and develop a world-class team of CSMs that live Slack’s values
- Directly influence the growth of Japan Business by developing and executing strategies that create successful customers in partnership with Sales leaders, Customer Success, Services, Renewals, Partners, Product Management, and your team
- Contribute to Slack’s Sales and Customer Success vision and strategy
- Deliver operating unit targets and key metrics through operational execution and discipline
- Build and develop go-to-market strategy of Japanese customers in Slack
- Continue to build upon the high-performing, fun culture Slack culture
- Personally engage with top prospects by providing direct deal support, and formulating strategies to accelerate deal close in your region.
- Hands-on “get it done” approach to personally create customer wins, model customers, references and case studies, by establishing trusted senior customer relationships.
- Actively engaged in account strategy and a part of executing the strategy for select accounts
- Align the Slack ecosystem to your specific industries, ensuring we speak our customer’s language
- Be an inspirational leader and create a vibrant, inclusive culture that inspires people to do their best work
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience overseeing customer success or professional services teams and organizations, preferably with strong exposure to SaaS
- A track record for building and growing a world-class organization through talent acquisition, onboarding, and retention, characterized by high productivity and excellent morale
- Experience with the enterprise scale organization and demonstrated leadership to make rapid decisions and problem-solving in this environment
- Demonstrated experience leading and working in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Strong commitment to growing and developing team members
- Track record of delivering against targets and KPIs
- Proven success in establishing a clear vision and driving change within a Customer facing organization
- Customer-centric mindset that informs strategies, tactics and execution
- Excellent executive-level communication and negotiation skills both with customers and internally
- Experience building executive relationships and driving/influencing change with both fast paced technology startup and large, complex multi-national organizations
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Must be open to domestic travel with close alignment with Sales and Customers
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.