The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As an Implementations Accountant, you will focus efforts on supporting new Fund Administration customers in their journey into Carta services. You will drive operational excellence within our fast-growing Fund Administration business by coordinating, facilitating and managing onboarding activities that are critical to achieving success for both our customers and Carta within a tight deadline.
In this role you will be responsible for interacting with a fund’s back office (CFO, fund manager) to collect their historical data, provide advisory support, and ultimately deliver accurate financial statements to both the client and internal stakeholders.
From sale close, to implementation, and continued customer success, the ideal Implementations Accountant will exhibit a high degree of problem-solving, efficiency, and integrity as they leverage their subject-matter expertise to provide customers with a world-class onboarding experience.
* Please submit your resume in English *
The Impact You’ll Have
- Collaborate with new fund clients to collect data and advise on best accounting practices within Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Effectively liaise between sales and Fund Accounting teams as the bridge post-sales
- Identify process and quality improvements and highlight them to appropriate leadership
- Create balanced, accurate quarterly financial statements from, at times, unstructured client data
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in a role with a finance or accounting background
- Strong accounting analysis with the ability to interpret a story through unstructured data
- Committed to team and project success, emotionally intelligent in navigating relationships, transparent and forthright when communicating information, and passionate about growing and advancing with Carta
- Proven internal influencer having implemented and successfully managed both small and large projects or initiatives with sustained, measurable success
- Incredible organizational skills, high attention to detail, and an ability to complete competing priorities quickly and autonomously
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats in a timely and appropriate manner
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Acumen in or knowledge of accounting with a specific focus in venture, hedge fund, and/or private equity
- Familiarity as an end user with Carta or other financial dataset or accounting software programs
* Please submit your resume in English *
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $81,000 - $85,000 in New York, New York
- $81,000 - $85,000 in San Francisco, California
- $72,900 - $76,500 in Seattle, Washington
We are hiring for multiple levels and locations, so final offers may vary from the amounts listed based on geography, experience and expertise, and other factors.