Director, Investor Coverage
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our Carta Liquidity Private Capital Markets Team as an Investor Coverage Director. We are looking for creative problem solvers to work on a growth initiative to build a marketplace for private securities.
As an Investor Coverage Director you’ll be responsible for engaging with investors and contributing to products and services on Carta Liquidity. Specifically, you will originate secondary deal flow, establish and maintain a targeted network of investor relationships, and lead strategic projects to foster our platform growth. The ideal candidate has outstanding client management skills, a strong understanding of private equity markets, and the ability to independently steer transactions and business projects.
You will work within a dynamic and driven team that collaborates cross functionally across product and engineering, data science, operations, legal, compliance, and Carta’s broader business units.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Build, lead and sustain relationships with external and internal clients by understanding needs and providing solutions.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless execution of liquidity transactions and a high level of customer service.
- Solve for market inefficiencies and constraints to better serve companies and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the strategic expansion of Carta Liquidity’s investor network and suite of solutions.
- Develop creative ideas and recommendations for product offerings, share actionable feedback, and identify cross-product opportunities.
- Identify and develop data-driven solutions to increase internal and external efficiencies in the private secondary markets.
At Carta, you’re not just an employee. You’re a builder who is creating infrastructure that accelerates innovation and empowers more ownership. Cartans are helpful, relentless, unconventional and kind; representing Carta’s Identity Traits. They work collaboratively and cross functionally to challenge the status quo; working towards a common goal of creating more owners in the private markets.
- 12+ years of experience recommended, particularly in a finance or business background, with client-facing experience in private markets, equity sales and trading, or investment banking
- You’ll interact with investors, executives, engineers, product managers, legal partners and operations teams to master your craft and transform private secondary markets.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced, team-based environment that requires analytical thinking, sound judgment, determination and a rigorous eye for details.
- You’ll implement efficient processes, design experiments, manage projects and set business priorities.
- Series 7 and 63 required
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $212,000 - $265,000 in New York, NY and San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.