The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta is looking for an Accountant to join our growing team in the UK. The role will be reporting to the Accounting Manager based in the UK. This individual will be an important part of the UK and International Accounting team, will help drive process improvements and will be involved in all aspects of accounting for our subsidiaries in Europe. The scope of this role is broad with exposure to many areas of accounting and finance as well as cross functional work with other departments throughout the company.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures, post journal entries, and prepare account reconciliations in line with corporate close deadlines
- Prepare and process monthly accounting adjustments including accruals and prepayments
- Work closely with the Sales and Delivery team in the creation and allocation of client invoices
- Accounts Receivable monitoring and collection
- Accounts Payable processing and preparation of payruns for approval
- Perform cash functions including the preparation of timely bank reconciliations and funding for the international entities
- Assist the Accounting Manager with statutory filings and audit requests
- Support the preparation and filing of VAT returns alongside external tax advisors
- Support payroll processing, work with HR in gathering all relevant employee information and update the external payroll provider on a monthly basis
- Support on any financial system change and contribute enhancements where needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, AAT qualified or ACA/ACCA/CIMA part or newly qualified - with at least 3 years relevant experience gained preferably in a software, FInTech or professional accounting firm
- Proactive and able to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Able to meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and on a team
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain open communication with coworkers, especially for team members that are remote
- Knowledge of UK statutory reporting requirements under FRS 102 would be an advantage
- Experience working in NetSuite and Coupa would be a plus