Valuation Technical Manager
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
In this role, you will serve as one of Carta’s top valuation experts. This is a pivotal role that requires the highest level of responsibility. Technical managers/senior managers on the Valuation team are responsible for overseeing valuations of large, late-stage companies. In this role, you’ll be part of a highly dynamic team that’s creating the future of private capital markets.
This role will provide a front row seat into the world of private company finance and the valuation of venture backed companies. As a Technical Valuations Manager/Senior Manager, you will be on the front lines of Carta’s efforts to revolutionize the business valuations space.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Oversee analysis of privately-held companies and securities
- Contribute to development of, and updates to, valuation policy
- Development of valuation specific learning and development content
- Provide real-time feedback to and mentor analysts
- Build, maintain, and enhance relationships with large, late stage companies
- Interface with customer management teams to understand value drivers across various industries
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Collaborate with team members to share information and insights
- Perform research on companies, industries, and markets
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Carta’s software platform and products
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the product and engineering teams
- Assist with product development by testing new features and bug fixes as well as surfacing customer feedback
The Impact You’ll Have
The Carta Valuation Team is the nation’s leading provider of private company valuations with plans to expand and grow into new areas. As a Technical Valuation Manager/Senior Manager, you will be instrumental to facilitate the explosive growth of our practice. The ideal candidate will be comfortable communicating with executives, auditors, attorneys, and investors.
- Expert-level understanding of financial statements and common financial concepts (WACC, DCF, market multiples approaches, Black-Scholes OPM)
- Understanding of advanced financial concepts (Monte Carlo analysis, lattice model)
- Comfort interacting with C-suite executives and auditors
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to address finance-related questions in a clear and concise manner
- A strong preference for creating new processes over following established processes
- Experienced multi-tasker with ability to balance dozens of projects at any given time
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Possess a helpful and professional attitude with excellent verbal and written skills
- Exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues as well as a strong sense of curiosity to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in business valuation within a business valuation firm or valuation practice of an audit, tax and advisory firm
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $156,400 - $184,000 in San Francisco, CA, Santa Clara, CA, and New York, NY
- $140,760 - $165,600 in Seattle, WA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.