US International Tax Manager
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining Carta’s Fund Tax team as a US Federal tax reviewer, leveraging Carta’s proprietary tax engine to file tax returns for our Venture Capital clients. Your clients are the most talented venture capitalists, fund managers and dealmakers in the world. You will help them realize their ambitions of supporting the companies of tomorrow through our next-gen investment stack (including legals, vehicle formation, banking, investor onboarding and much more). You will be part of helping grow the venture capital ecosystem. You will also be collaborating with our wider Carta accounting, fund administration and compliance teams on relevant tax issues that relate to Carta’s products and services.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Turning professional services into products is challenging: how do you productize workflows so that we can deliver the fastest tax solutions with perfect accuracy?
- We are at the intersection of finance, tax and technology: how do we build a tax engine that will make tax filings feel as simple as ordering a book online?
- We automate investment structures in venture capital: how can you help scale post-deal processes so that each container is as seamless and fun to use as the last one created?
Must have US Federal tax experience for the preparation and filing of tax returns and IRS e-filings, focusing on partnership tax returns. You are a fully qualified CPA with at least 5 years experience in public accounting, who understands the intricacies of US international tax filings relating to investment vehicles, and have a burning desire to see it automated and simplified. Experience related to filing obligations and completion of forms Schedule K-2 and K-3 as well as other international forms typically filed with a partnership tax return is required.
Excited to work on wider team projects which are not directly tax-related (e.g. legal, financial) as well as interacting with clients on administering their investment structures.
- High attention to detail: written and quantitative. You must be confident navigating your way around complex tax structures and documentation in relation to this.
- Organized and calm under pressure, you are able to manage competing demands on your time, whilst persevering to solve ambiguous problems.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about venture capital: you intimately understand the pressures facing our clients and are ready to roll up your sleeves in a post Series-A rocket-ship start-up.
- You’re interested in working on projects in a fast-paced environment with a supportive team and as an individual
- You have strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- You take pride in your ability to communicate effectively and are able to multitask to meet multiple deadlines
At Carta, you’re not just an employee. You're a builder who is creating infrastructure that accelerates innovation and empowers more ownership. Cartans are helpful, relentless, unconventional and kind; representing Carta’s Identity Traits. They work collaboratively and cross functionally to challenge the status quo; working towards a common goal of creating more owners in the private markets.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $136,170.00 - $160,200.00 in Seattle, WA
- $151,300.00 - $178,000.00 in Santa Clara, CA; San Francisco, CA and New York City, NY
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.