Head of Fund Administration Customer Success
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Head of Fund Administration Customer Success is a new role within the Fund Administration Business Unit at Carta. Reporting into the VP of Fund Admin, you will own the growth sales, account director, business unit partnerships and customer marketing teams. This org is hyper-focused on building processes and using technology to scale proactive customer outreach, and to optimize for revenue and expansion opportunities. As the leader of Fund Admin Customer Success, you will be dedicated to improving customer engagement and loyalty while leading your teams to meet NPS, NRR and ARR goals.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As the leader of Fund Admin Customer Success, you’ll work to:
- Own, improve, and grow the fund administration customer success org; currently comprised of the growth sales and account director teams. Strategy and execution to be established for new functions of customer marketing and business unit partnerships
- Monitor and influence product usage, customer engagement and satisfaction feedback and ensure your teams’ customers (VC and PE Firms) are getting value out of Carta products
- Work in collaboration with product and engineering to solve problems, drive account strategy, and improve customer engagement and loyalty
- Work with account manager leadership to understand current state of Carta team to create business strategy and execution plans
- Develop strategies in partnership with growth sales leadership to up-level growth sales motion
- Understand current state of customer health and develop “path to referenceability” for all customers
- Partner with R&D to represent growing requirements of FA customers
- Meet Fund Admin BU targets for upsell, retention, and customer health
- Influence the FA business unit customer marketing strategy, with a goal of improving customer education, product adoption, and self-serve opportunities
The Impact You’ll Have
In this role, you will be directly impacting our Net Dollar Retention, by driving upsell revenue, mitigating churn, and affecting expansion. The Fund Admin Customer Success team is responsible for driving successful outcomes for over 2500 firms and a book of ~$100M ARR (and growing!)
We’re looking for a customer-centric leader who knows how to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities. Cross-departmental collaboration and communication is critical to success in the role, and efficient time management is essential as well. In addition, we’re prioritizing:
- 7+ years of experience leading high performing teams
- 10+ years of experience in a customer facing role with a proven track record in customer engagement, customer satisfaction, and contract value growth through upsells and expansion
- You have an understanding of Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Fund Administration
- Resourceful and creative problem solving skills in order to provide optimal business or technical solutions, particularly when navigating uncertainty or ambiguity
- Customer-first mindset, with a focus on seeking solutions to ensure greater lifetime value for our clients
- Self-motivated, proactive leader with innovative ideas to inspire your team promoting customer loyalty and adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on building strong internal and external relationships
- Proven ability to drive results, across multiple functions, and exceed allotted targets
- Diplomacy, tact and poise under pressure, and a high tolerance for ambiguity