Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A
The FP&A Senior Financial Analyst (Offshore) – Technology is responsible for providing expense analysis and expense reconciliation support to TriNet’s FP&A U.S. onshore team.
The person in this position provides expense flux analysis at a detailed level including contractor expense tracking and reconciliation using data from various source systems. The FP&A Senior Financial Analyst also assists in analyzing headcount by project and other ad hoc projects as required. This is an individual contributor role.
- Track, investigate, report and forecast technical contractor expenses by resource by extracting and reconciling data from multiple source systems
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts on a timeline
- Report on actual financial results against targets, provide analysis of forecast variances, and assist in guidance on future trends
- Build detailed, automated forecast variance models to enable rapid and repeatable analyses of contractor headcount and costs by project.
- Participate in the data mining and reporting of business unit KPI performance measures for Technology teams.
- Assist FP&A team with preparation of Quarterly Business Review materials covering KPI’s, contractor and headcount costs by project, and quarterly projections vs Plan and forecast.
- Become expert navigating within and recommending improvements to Fieldglass, ServiceNow, Tableau and AnaPlan applications
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis projects and report preparation as identified by management team
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. Chartered Accountant preferred.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None.
- 4+ years’ experience as Financial Analyst Financial Planning and Analysis, or like experience preferably within a technology driven public company
- Experience in accounting and public company reporting preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Fieldglass, ServiceNow, Anaplan and Tableau experience preferred but not required
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Articulate with good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work through large volume of data in a hands-on capacity
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Travel not required.
- Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request such an accommodation.