Accountant, Cash (India)
TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At TriNet, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
A Brief Overview
The Accountant applies GAAP in performing account reconciliations, analyzing financial transactions, preparing journal entries and financial reports for assigned cash accounts. This role also maintains consistency with GAAP reporting, along with audit requirements and SOX compliance, to perform month-end close, prepare financial reports for internal use, and as assigned for external auditors.
What you will do
- Prepare journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvements
- Analyze and document account variances as assigned
- Interact and coordinate with banks, cash management team, A/P, A/R, and various other departments
- Document policies and procedures as necessary
- Supports SOX compliance relating to assigned areas of the business
- Provide support to finance management and other internal customers as needs arise, including, ad hoc financial analysis and special projects
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions and approve transactions within designated limits.
- Prepares assigned audit PBC requests; works with senior accountants and Supervisor to develop timely responses to auditor questions and other inquiries
- Develops a clear understanding of expected work paper approach and associated referencing techniques consistent with policy
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Typically 2+ years of progressive experience in accounting preferred
- Experience in Fortune 1000 size company (publicly traded) with high volume transactions and disciplined close process preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Theoretical and practical grasp of GAAP
- Understanding of accounting processes and ERP systems
- Experience in SOX control execution/documentation desirable
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and progressive environment
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues, take initiative and solve problems
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Oracle Fusion software preferred, not required
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable home or office setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position may be considered remote and require reliable and consistent internet service.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com to request such an accommodation.